In this article you will be able to know how to use your android phone or tablet as a Mic for PC or Mac. There are many cases in which you need to use android device as Mic for PC or Mac but a few of them are:
- You can use mobile or tablet mic for voice recording purpose
- Getting into calls on Skype or on other calling programs
- You can utilize phone mic for voice chatting, recording, and recognition
- You can use it as baby monitor as well
- You can use it for surveillance purpose.
How to Use Android device as a Mic for PC or Mac?
Basically there are four ways you can adopt to utilize your phone or tablet Microphone for PC. The ways to use android device as Mic for PC are:
- 3.5mm male to male Aux Cable,
- and WiFi.
Let’s first talk about the using phone or tablet as Mic for PC via Aux Cable or male to male headphone jack. So head over to the quick guide.
#1 Using Tablet or Phone as Mic for PC via 3.5mm Aux Cable
In this process you need male to male headphone jack so you can plug one side into android device and other into PC audio jack port. However, your phone or tablet won’t start working as Mic instead you have to install an app on it. So first download Microphone app by Gaz Davidson from Google Play Store on your device. Open this app and at the same time plug 3.5mm male to male headphone jack into android device and PC.
Now tap the Mic icon to turn it ON in the app and it will start working. Now you can use your android device as Mic for PC.
#2 Using Tablet or Phone as Mic for PC Via WiFi
Second way to use android device as Mic for PC or Mac is WiFi connection. You need to have stable WiFi connection and an app installed on your android device named Wo Mic by Wireless Orange. Follow the quick guide below:
- First of all download the Wo Mic app from Google Play Store and Wo Mic PC client from Wireless Orange website.
- Launch the Wo Mic app and choose WiFi as transport for connection in app settings
- Now tap Start to connect the app with PC client
- Note the IP address shown in app
- Open the PC Client program
- From menu click Connect under connection and Choose USB as transport
- Now enter the IP address and click OK
- Now your android device should be connected as a Mic for PC within few seconds.
#3 Use Android device as Mic for PC Via Bluetooth
Third way to turn your android device into a Mic for PC is Bluetooth functionality. For this you need a Bluetooth device connected with the PC and same Wo Mic app that we used for above case. The Bluetooth functionality should be working accurately with others Bluetooth devices. Follow the process:
- Launch Wo Mic App and choose Bluetooth as the transport from the app settings
- Turn on the Bluetooth and Pair the Bluetooth with PC
- Tap Start to start the service in app
- Now turn on Bluetooth on PC and open the Wo Mic Client
- You also need to choose Bluetooth in Connection transport and click OK.
- Now your android device should start connection with PC client within few seconds.
#4 Use Android device as Mic for PC Via USB Cable
Fourth way to turn your android device into a Mic for Windows PC is using USB cable to connect the device with PC. You need to connect your device to PC via USB cable and the app used for this is same.
- Launch Wo Mic on android device.
- Go to app settings and choose USB as transport
- Then, go to android settings if USB debugging is disabled in your device and enable it from Developers option in the settings
- You also need to install USB drivers on PC for your android device if you haven’t. For complete guide visit Wireless Orange User guide page.
- Now open WO Mic Client program on PC
- Choose USB as transport for connection
- And now after few seconds the client should be connected with your android device.
The use of audio jack gives best audio result while wireless connections can give more lag. But the lag is not much noticeable. You can use alternative apps as well.
If this post was helpful then give us a favor by liking this post and we’d also like to hear from you on this post.
You may also like: