Tablets come close when talking about the Modern Education in the classrooms. So taking that in note this time we came with the list of 5 apps that will turn your android tablet into a digital whiteboard. You will find many Whiteboard apps in the Google Play Store but if you want to know which suites you best then you are at right place.
A Whiteboard app will help the users who want to have a digital solution for drawing and noting the ideas on whiteboard, whether they are in classroom or in an office. You will be able to put down your plans, brainstorm the ideas, draw different shapes, doodle and many more.
Top 5 Whiteboard Apps
So below are the Whiteboard apps discussed briefly along with the list of features.
Whiteboard-Draw Paint Doodle
This is the Whiteboard app top in my list which has bundle options to avail. It comes with three modes; Whiteboard, Kids board and the doodle desk.
Whiteboard mode allows users to draw, brainstorm and discuss the idea with a professional interface. Doodle mode keep you in doodling way, you can doodle with pictures as well. While Kids Board can be used as a drawing fun to present to the kids or used by the kids. This whiteboard app is wonderful virtual tool for the teachers who have to instruct the kids. Another thing unique in this app is that you can choose between portrait or landscape mode for the page.
The tools and functionality include:
- Draw on the screen by dragging the finger
- Try over hundred colors
- Change the Line width and transparency
- Draw basic shapes like circle, square, rectangle etc.
- Kids mode: Fill color in images of animals, plants and fruits
- Wonderful backgrounds to choose
- Have a clip art gallery
- Save drawings or share with others
- Can add pictures from gallery to use as clipart with zoom in zoom out facility
- You can publish your creative ideas with the photobooth community, and can like, share and comment on the photobooth images.
LiveBoard: RealTime Whiteboard
If you want a tool which let users draw or brainstorm the ideas live with the online audience then LiveBoard is the one that will serve you well on tablet or phone. It allows you to draw, visualize ideas, work together on brainstorming the idea real-time and chat with anyone in the network live. The unique features which I liked most are the wonderful User Interface, ability to zoom the page in-out and Live Broadcast. Below are all the features that you might like to know before downloading the app.
– Realtime drawing and whiteboard sharing with an unlimited number of participants via internet.
– “One-click” session start without having to create an account.
– Unlimited whiteboards to draw on.
– Share your creations via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Google+, Viber) and email.
– Save your drawings into your gallery.
– Snap a picture or upload full images from your device to draw on.
– Configurable sizes for brush and eraser and a beautiful full-spectrum color picker.
– Unlimited undos and redos to retrace your steps.
– Text tool to add notes and descriptions.
– Essential geometric shapes to complete any drawing.
– Instant messaging with participants
Whiteboard: Collaborative Draw
Whiteboard : Collaborative Draw is a great app to quickly sketch out an idea when you have no actual whiteboard available. This app has more stuff to do with painting or sketch and coming to the network for collaborating. It is good app to show you real-time drawing or painting to kids on their device or view their drawing even when you are away. Drawings save automatically and can be shown real-time with others or shared as an image by different sharing platforms.
However this whiteboard app has limited undos and redos to do, we can’t add text and there’s no landscape mode.
✓ Open any image or photo on your device!
✓ Save your drawings!
✓ Change your marker transparency (opacity)!
✓ Choose any color you want, with the new full-spectrum color picker!
✓ Better drawing quality!
Whiteboard by Sharda Gohil
Then the next app worth watching is quite simple and comes handy in term of simple drawing. Draw the stuff and show your kids. However it has some shortcomings like the non availability of landscape mode, can’t add text and not able to edit the saved drawings but as said it’s simple app to draw and show your kids. Add images and doodle as much as you can. Its design is clean and elegant and have a bundle of background options. It has bunch of drawing features that you may like. For more details visit Google Play Store page.
Interactive Whiteboard by FredH is a simple virtual Whiteboard that let you draw or teach what you want. If you want to keep the whiteboard simple for your work then this app will fit your need. It serves fast and responsive drawing with the support of one and multi-finger input. Even you can draw with all 10 fingers with your hands. Checkout the features to see whether it fits your need.
– Fast and responsive drawing
– Multi-finger input
– Straight lines mode
– Live settings menu with colors, width and more
– Honeycomb on tablets support
– Move mode where you can select parts of the drawing and move them around.
– Save and load drawings
So these were the 5 apps that can convert your android device into digital whiteboard. However as briefly detailed these apps have their own strengths and weakness, so you should try one that truly fit your needs.
If this post was helpful then like this post or share some words about the whiteboard app that you already use.